What to do if I’m getting ready to go to a restitution hearing but was offered a deal?

UPDATED: Nov 26, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 26, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m getting ready to go to a restitution hearing but was offered a deal?

However when I look the amount they want for mileage to doctor’s appointments, the medical records do not back up the mileage. There is a 220 mile difference; it amounts to about $100. Should I take the deal or risk going before the judge?

Asked on November 26, 2013 under Criminal Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

The decision to not take the deal is up to you but if you are basing this decision on an opinion that mileage doesn't match medical records, you might be in for a long battle that may not end well for you especially if you admitted to the crime or was found guilty by judge or jury.  A $100.00 overage is not going to be a big deal in the long run. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption