What to do if I am facing a criminal mischief charge in which the city claims to have photo or video evidence of me in the act?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am facing a criminal mischief charge in which the city claims to have photo or video evidence of me in the act?

I have no recollection of the event. Is there any possibility of obtaining the photo or video evidence of said event? If so, do I need an attorney to do so or can I obtain it on my own? Finally, I was charged with public intoxication several months ago, other than that my record is clear. What can I expect for a sentence if I am found guilty?

Asked on October 7, 2013 under Criminal Law, Iowa


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. I urge you to have private attorney counsel right away - seek an attorney licensed in your state. If you are poor or low income, you may apply for a public defender; otherwise, contact a private attorney licensed in your state to form arrangements for help for you. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]


Minnesota Law Firm



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption