If the warranty on my computer runs out in 91 days and it just keeps breaking down, what are my options here?

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If the warranty on my computer runs out in 91 days and it just keeps breaking down, what are my options here?

I am constantly having issues with a laptop I purchased 3 years ago. After 4 drive replacements and the 5th just happened; also the motherboard was swapped out, the graphics card and wifi card was replaced and the touch sensitive controls were replaced for the second time. My hard drive fails every 6-9 months and they still will not replace my entire laptop (I don’t neglect it, 90% of the time it’s on my desk the other 10% is with my at school).

Asked on September 9, 2012 under General Practice, Kansas

Answers:

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Give the fact that your warranty for your laptop computer will expire in 90 days or so, I suggest that you contact the manufacturer about the continued problems you have with the unit in writing and demand that someone contact you by a certain date to discuss options since you no longer want this defective item. Keep a copy of this letter for future use and need.

Mention that you desire to turn in the item for a credit. If you do not receive the response desired, bring a small claims court action against the manufacturer for the value of the laptop in the county where you reside for breach of warranty and breach of contract.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption