What to do if I am being charged with criminal mischief, harassment and domestic violence in the 3rd or 4th degree?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am being charged with criminal mischief, harassment and domestic violence in the 3rd or 4th degree?

I was arrested and let go on my OR and a order of protection. I have never been in any trouble before with the law. I was wondering what could happen? I already had one court date but she did not show up, so now I have another one.

Asked on August 8, 2013 under Criminal Law, New York


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. The issues you face are serious.  You may qualify for a public defender if you are low income.  Otherwise, do contact a private attorney in the state involved (I am licensed in Minnesota) for legal counsel and legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666





IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption