What to do if I’m being charged for a disorderly conduct for domestic violence misdemeanor?

UPDATED: Nov 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m being charged for a disorderly conduct for domestic violence misdemeanor?

I have a pre-trial conference set up. I have never had any issues before with the law ever. They most likely will offer a diversion program for me. Should I bring an attorney to this conference and accept a plea like this or, if they are trying to charge me further, get legal representation for the trial?

Asked on November 21, 2013 under Criminal Law, Arizona


Terence Fenelon / Law Offices of Terence Fenelon

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Domestic violence offenses, although a misdemeanor, can carry serious consequences.  For example, in some states, you would be barred from a firearms possession permit, as well as a carry permit. You would also be barred from various types of employment.

If you have an attorney, plan to hire and utilize his experience and advice to guide you through the system with minimal aftermath.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption