If I’m an RN and was charged with a DUI 5 days ago, do I have to report this to the board of nursing?

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m an RN and was charged with a DUI 5 days ago, do I have to report this to the board of nursing?

Do I report now or wait to see the outcome of my case?

Asked on January 8, 2015 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It depends on just what your particular nursing board requires; you will have to check. However, as to your DUI, if you have not already done so you should contact an attorney experienced in handling such cases ASAP. They may be able to ge the charge thrown out on a technicality, have the charge reduced (i.e. to reckless driving) or, if it comes down t it, win an acquittal at trial Anyone should seek legal representation in such a matter but particularly someone like you who has a professional license possiby at stake.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption