What will happen regarding a trespass charge?

UPDATED: Aug 13, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 13, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen regarding a trespass charge?

I am a juvenile and I was ding dong ditching through a neighborhood’ I also hopped over a fence and jumped on a trampoline but caused no damage. I then later was detained by an officer who read me my Miranda rights as well as told me I was being under arrest even after I denied what I did. A witness drove by and verified it was me who had trespassed but did not press charges. The officers then took down my information, they called my parents, and detained me until my parents came and picked me up. Was I actually arrested? What charges will I have to face? Is it against the law to lie to an officer? I have yet to receive any paperwork, how long will it take?

Asked on August 13, 2013 under Criminal Law, Washington


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written abou you were actually arrested by law enforcement BUT no criminal charges against you have seemingly been filed to date. I suggest that you contact a reputable criminal defense attorney in your locality to see about nipping the problem that you have written about in the bud.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption