What do I have to do to bring these criminals to justice if I can’t get any help from the locals?

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 25, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do I have to do to bring these criminals to justice if I can’t get any help from the locals?

I am a 58 year old male who was assaulted at my home over a month ago by 3 people after I was texted to answer the door. I was left bloody on the floor after a brutal beating w/ now permanent scars to my face. The police that arrived after the incident said there would be warrants issued for the three people and would keep me informed. I have not received any word from the police to date. I called several times with a promise to return my call…that never happened. And I am now being bothered by these people again, thinking they got away with it. I should note these people are a homeless mother 49, her hoodlum son and his friend, both under 18.

Asked on July 25, 2013 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Suing these people for assault is not going to do you any good if they are penniless.  However, you should be able to get a restraining order to keep them away from you.  Then if they come around, they will be in violation of the restraining order, and you can get them arrested for that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption