What can I do to get a misdemeanor expunged?

UPDATED: Aug 28, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 28, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do to get a misdemeanor expunged?

Almost 3 years ago I did something so stupid. I was texting with a minor. He was 17 and I was 24 at the time. Some of the text were of a sexual nature. I have no explanation for doing this. All I can do is shake my head. I knew better. I made a huge mistake and it haunts me everyday of my life. I am currently enrolled in college for my bachelors in Accounting. However, I have a first degree misdemeanor on my record. Everything I have read say I can not get this expunged, so what am I suppose to do?

Asked on August 28, 2013 under Criminal Law, Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to first consult with a criminal defense attorney with experience in expungement matters to see what the chances are of success and in getting your criminal file sealed. The attorney should practice in the county where you were convicted. The attorney suggested which can be found on attorneypages.com can assist you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption