What to do if I am 18 years old and I received an MIP at the venue of a concert?

UPDATED: May 18, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 18, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am 18 years old and I received an MIP at the venue of a concert?

I also received an MIP when I was 16 in a different county. I went through a diversion program when I was 16 and I thought that the MIP was automatically expunged when I turned 18. Unfortunately I was misinformed and found out that I had to submit a form for the MIP to be expunged. Now I am wondering if my most current MIP will have the consequences of a second MIP? If so, how likely is it that my license will get revoked and how can I avoid license suspension?

Asked on May 18, 2014 under Criminal Law, Oregon


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You are an adult now and most likelt the conviction of the MIP when you were a minor will have no impact on your current situation. There is a good chance that you may end up having your license to drive suspended if you are convicted. I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney in your locality. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption