What to do if I am 18 and got arrested for minor in consumption along with 5 others?

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 7, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I am 18 and got arrested for minor in consumption along with 5 others?

I blew a .021. As a juvenile I was arrested for paraphernalia and served probation. I have court in 2 days and am moving to another city to begin college in 7 days. I am very worried that they may suspend my license. Is this a big possibility? What are the possible outcomes? Do I need to hire an attorney or will a court appointed do okay? What should I say or do so that my license won’t be suspended because I can’t let that happen. It would ruin everything for me.

Asked on August 7, 2012 under Criminal Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you immediately consult with a criminal defense attorney to see about a possible diversion program concerning the alcohol related criminal charge against you. If you are eligible for diversion and complete the program, the charge will be dismissed. If convicted of the matter, you stand to lose your driver's license for a year, be fined, and be awarded to do community service work and attend alcohol related course.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption