How to fight back against and angry ex-wife who has falsely filed for arestrainng order?

UPDATED: Nov 29, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 29, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to fight back against and angry ex-wife who has falsely filed for arestrainng order?

I would like to know what I should do legally –  how to proceed and what papers to file? Here is the situation. My boyfriend and his angry ex-wife divorced about a year ago but legally separated over 2 years ago; he has been out of their home. The ex-wife has gone crazy on us ever since I came in the picture. She is jealous that her ex-husband has moved on and started a life of his own. She is jealous that when her 4 kids come over that they enjoy being with us. This women, everyday sends her ex nasty emails and texts and calls me all sorts of names as well as my kids. She stalks the ho use, etc.

Asked on November 29, 2011 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you are dealing with an unacceptable situation concerning the former wife where you believe that a face to face sit down will not resolve the problems with her and her barrage of perceived inappropriate messages to you and your boyfriend, I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney as to the possibility of filing a petition for a restraining order against her in return prohibiting the conduct as to you that she has recently displayed.

It is best that you have legal representation concerning the situation that you are facing as opposed to you representing yourself.

In this country, all people have the right to be left alone from unwanted and unacceptable social behavior. The longer the behavior of the former wife continues, the greater the chances are that it will become worse as to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption