How to drop a 1st offense disorderly conduct charge?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to drop a 1st offense disorderly conduct charge?

I had a verbal altercation with my ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend at a public soccer field. She stated that I physically assaulted her and tried to have charges brought on me for assault and battery. After giving my statement to the officer he informed me that the witnesses were unwilling to support either story to whether or not I physically touched her, so he wrote me a ticket to appear in court for

disorderly conduct. My record is clean and I would like for it to stay that way. What can I do to insure that?

Asked on May 21, 2019 under Criminal Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

There is no way to ensure this, because it is not under your control. IF the ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend asks for the charges to be dropped, it is very likely (not 100%, but very likely) that they will be. But otherewise, all you can do is discuss the matter with the prosecutor the day of trial and see if he or she will voluntarily choose to dismiss.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption