How much am I going to pay for an 11 year old $4 bad check?

UPDATED: Feb 19, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 19, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How much am I going to pay for an 11 year old $4 bad check?

I got pulled over today. The cop didn’t think I was wearing my seatbelt, however I was, and he didn’t give me a ticket that. He did run my license and found that I had a bad check charge. He actually handcuffed me and was going to arrest me. The deputy came and told me if I took care of it by going up to the clerk’s office then he’d let me go. I want to take care of it and I want to know the cost of the fees and everything I going to have to pay? This is the only thing on my record at all.

Asked on February 19, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Alabama


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were pulled over by law enforcement and a $4 bad check charge that is 11 years old was discovered by law enforcement, I suggest that you simply go to the county clerk's office and see what you can do to have it paid off in full. Most likely the charge is an infraction.

I have no idea what any assessed fees could be for the $4 bad check fee. However, given the cost of an attorney verus what the cost would be to get this $4 check fee cleared, I suggest that you try and resolve it on your own first and if matters become somewhat complicated you consult with an attorney that handles consumer debt matters.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption