How long is a temporary custody order and temporary child support order good for?

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How long is a temporary custody order and temporary child support order good for?

As the custodial parent, do I have to notify the non-custodial parent that I am going to send the child to a different daycare on the days that she is in my care? Do both parents have to agree on the change of daycare?

Asked on June 20, 2012 under Family Law, Washington


Brad Micklin / The Micklin Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The simple answer is you should seek the other parties' input and consent before changing daycare.  As the custodial parent, you are charged with making the day to day decisions such as what daycare to send your child. However, the noncustodial parent, presumably having joint custodial rights, has the right to have input into the decision-making process. A judge may act adversely toward you if it is discovered that you chose the day care without seeking any input from the father.

I would recommend that you advise the noncustodial parent, preferably in writing by an email or simple method. Seek the noncustodial parent's input and then make the final decision based on what you believe to be your child's best interest.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption