How long after an injury at work, can you file for long term medical care?

UPDATED: Feb 22, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 22, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How long after an injury at work, can you file for long term medical care?

I was hurt just over 2 years ago and started medical treatment through my jobs workman comp insurance. I finished about a year later with physical therapy. However, I still have back pain for my 2 bulging discs. Can I still go after them for my medical care?

Asked on February 22, 2012 under Personal Injury, New Jersey


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You will need to seek counsel about whether or not your injuries are so significant and directly as a result of the on the job injury such to put you on disability. Most medical claims may be between 2 and 4 years but you need to check with an attorney to see if you are now precluded from further claims based on your workmans' compensation claims. If you have not yet fully settled, the window may still be open for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption