How far can the DTF invade your life?

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 11, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How far can the DTF invade your life?

My adult daughter was charged, not convicted of muling dope one year ago. Because they turned states evidence everything was dropped. The DTF will not leave her and her boyfriend alone.They follow them everywhere and today showed up at my house and wanted to discuss with them what they have been up too. How far can they invade their lives.

Asked on June 11, 2009 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

As they long as they are not coming in to your home without your permission or searching anyone without reasonable suspicion, they are doing their job.  Your daughter committed a serious crime.  It didn't absolve her of her guilt -- it just bargained it away.  So, pattern and practice would tell you she'll do it again. 

You should be concentrating on ensuring she sticks to the straight and narrow and not get involved in stuff like this again.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption