How does the F43 visa work?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How does the F43 visa work?

My moms sister is a US citizen however my mom passed
away when i was 10. My mom and i are indian citizens. My
question is whether my aunt who i mentioned above can
sponsor me under the above visa category. Just for the
record i am 39 years old right now and its been close to 30
years since my mom had passed away.

Asked on December 16, 2017 under Immigration Law, Wisconsin


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

No, unfortunately, your aunt cannot petition for you directly now that your mom is no longer alive.  The fastest route for you is through an employment-based visa such as  H-1B.  Why did that not work out previously?  Was your petition not selected in the lottery or it was selected and the petition was simply not approved?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption