How do we cancel/return a product and get out of our payment plan?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do we cancel/return a product and get out of our payment plan?

My fiancee and I were recently subjected to a presentation by a company in which, against my better judgement,$ we agreed to a 200 down payment and payment plan for a set of pots and pans. I finally convinced her we didn’t need them when they arrived and we left the box unopened. I had called the company and left a message for their

Asked on March 21, 2017 under Business Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You are stuck, unless the terms and conditions of the sale (such as on an agreement of sale, or maybe on the company's website) will let you return and get a refund at this point. Unfortunately, there is no general right to a refund/return or to change your mind; sales are final unless the company has a refund policy and, if they do, you can be held to its exact or strict terms.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption