How do my late mother’s heirs go about collecting her 1/4 of the rentals of the real estate owed by her brother?

UPDATED: Jun 19, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 19, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do my late mother’s heirs go about collecting her 1/4 of the rentals of the real estate owed by her brother?

Since my mother passed 15 months ago, our uncle has refused to provide us with 1/4 of the monies collected on rental property owed us based on a written Will.

Asked on June 19, 2015 under Estate Planning, Wisconsin


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss and for the problems that have arisen since your Mother's passing.  The executor of the WIll nbeeds to bring an action against your Uncle for the rent and then needs to take control of the property and deposiut the rental income in the estate account until the property is transferred. If he is the Executor then he nis breaching his fiduciary duty (maybe) and then you should seek legal help to have him removed.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption