How do Inotify my neighbor in writing that he needs to trim his trees?

UPDATED: Feb 23, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 23, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do Inotify my neighbor in writing that he needs to trim his trees?

The branches look like they are going to fall on my roof. I already sent him a certified letter to his street address but it came back because they don’t have a mail box according to the Post Office. I asked the Post Office whether they have a PO Box but they were unable/unwilling to tell me.

Asked on February 23, 2012 under Real Estate Law, California


David DePaoli / Law Offices of David A. DePaoli, APC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor


If you are on good terms with the neighbors you could call them or pay them a visit and ask them to trim the trees.  Judging from your question, you probably are not on speaking terms or you would have done that already.   You could deliver the letter to them personally, through a messenger service, or leave it on their door step.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption