How do I sue Allstate when I have no money

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I sue Allstate when I have no money

I was in an accident on 9/17/2016 in which a woman trying to pass me hit me as
I was turning left. The woman got a ticket for passing unsafely I got one for
failing to yield right of way because she lied. I proved she lied with a
witnesss and my ticket was cancelled proving that she was the sole cause of
the accident yet allstate refuses to acknowledge my cancelled ticket or the
fact that she is responsible because they don’t want to pay me.

Geico, my insurance has already told me I am 0 liable for the accident, I
have 5700 dollars in damage to my car and I lost my job because of this
accident yet allstate just keeps saying ‘we wont pay you’ ‘we wont pay you’
and geico has told me that I have to sue them because they do this all the

I really need legal help but no one in my small town of malone ny will give me
a free consultation even though I know 100 I can win this case against them.
As it stands this was an accident where 1 person got a ticket for passing and
1 person got no ticket at all and I have already been told by a judge, D.A and
The officer who showed up to the scene that I was not at fault.

Asked on November 23, 2016 under Accident Law, New York


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can sue Allstate on a bad faith claim.  You can also file a complaint about Allstate with your state's insurance commissioner.
Contact your County Bar Association and ask for a referral to an attorney who handles bad faith claims against insurance companies.  If you can find an attorney who will take the case on a contingency fee basis, you can pursue the lawsuit despite having limited financial resources.  If the attorney takes the case on a contingency fee basis, it means the attorney is paid a percentage of the amount recovered.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption