How do I rescind a PFA that has been in effect for 9 months?

UPDATED: May 20, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 20, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I rescind a PFA that has been in effect for 9 months?

I have a no-contact PFA. My husband is now out of state. I would like to have it modified so we can see each other. How can I do that?

Asked on May 20, 2012 under Family Law, Pennsylvania


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

A protection from abuse order is a serious order. I am unsure how your husband living out of state would modify the reasons behind the PFA for the court.  A PFA is to protect you and your loves ones essentially. If you wish to see each other, a modification to a PFA is not sufficient, it would need to be dismissed or rescinded/revoked. You should speak with an attorney in your jurisdiction (the jurisdiction in which the PFA was issued) and explore your options regarding communication.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption