How do I protect my property when people are using the school yard behind my home as a shortcut?

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I protect my property when people are using the school yard behind my home as a shortcut?

Kids are either jumping the gate and damaging my property, or walking behind the gate on school grounds throwing rocks breaking my window. I need to know who to contact or what steps to take to stop this due to local police not doing anything. Any thoughts?

Asked on September 29, 2012 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The best way to protect yourself and your property with respect to the issues you have written about is to do the following:

1. contact the school's principal about the matter in writing;

2. contact law enforcement in writing about the matter;

3. post a no trespassing sign on the property;

4. contact your your property insurance agemt for suggestions to stop the problem.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption