Whatto do if I can’t get my girlfriend to leave my mobile home?

UPDATED: Feb 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 29, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Whatto do if I can’t get my girlfriend to leave my mobile home?

She is on the lease but is not a owner of the home; I am.

Asked on February 29, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Kansas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you live in a mobile home park, and you own the mobile home but you both lease the land underneath, you would need to do a couple of things. First, the mobile home park would disallow her being taken off of the lease unless you probably sign a lease on your own. Second, you would need to ask her to leave and if she does not, you would probably have to institute eviction proceedings since she does have a leasehold to the land underneath, which means the mobile home park may need to be involved as a plaintiff. Talk to the management and see what can be done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption