How doIgo about getting a bond on a fugitive hold for my boyfriend?

UPDATED: Apr 3, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 3, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How doIgo about getting a bond on a fugitive hold for my boyfriend?

He is in TX; the hold is from AR.

Asked on April 3, 2011 under Criminal Law, Texas


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You may not be able to get a bond on a fugitive hold if your boyfriend is going to be held due to charges that are forthcoming interstate. You need to talk to a bond agent first; if it is at all possible. Second, your boyfriend needs to discuss his issues with his criminal defense attorney and see if he needs to automatically be moved to Arkansas without bond and if bonded, he would be monitored quite closely because of his ties to Texas. So there are a lot of factors that go into a person being able to be bonded out; the court may not agree if there is extradition involved from one state to another.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption