How do I get paid from my employer?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get paid from my employer?

I work for USPS. I have not recieved pay for my hours work, overtime or mileage because I used my own car. I filed a grievance and my union rep is trying to help but it’s been 3 months. I’m

suffering from major anxiety and my savings is gone.

Asked on February 9, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Utah


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You sue your employer (UPS) for the money. While the employer can certainly discipline you, up to and including termination from employment (subject, that is, to any protections you have from a union contract) if you performed the job badly or in a way you should not have, the law is clear that any work you in fact did, you must be paid for. Sue your employer and prove in court that you did the work; if you do, you should get a judgment in your favor.
Note that if something you did constituted fraud or embezzlement (e.g. you charged the insurer for something you did not do or work you did not do), they may be about to countersue you for any amounts you wrongfully received from them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption