How do I get off probation early?

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get off probation early?

I’ve been on felony probation for my DUI for 1 year and 8 months. I have 2 jobs and am going to college. My PO said she would reccommend I stay on probation due to finding an alcohol container over a year ago. Is it possible for me to still get off despite her recommendation?

Asked on April 4, 2012 under Criminal Law, California


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not you are able to stay on probation as recommended by Probation or receive an early release from probation will be a decision the Judge in your case will ultimately make. The Judge will take into consideration whether or not you have been in compliance with your probation to date, and whether your current circumstances (college and two jobs) warrant an early release from probation. If you already have one prior probation violation, it may be unlikely that the judge gives you an early release, but that does not mean they may automatically extend your probation due to one violation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption