How do I get my manager fired if he’s a womanizer?

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 8, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get my manager fired if he’s a womanizer?

My manager definitely drinks on the job; at least a bottle of liquor a day that I know of. He is a womanizer. I have no desire to sleep with him, which I believe has hurt his ego. This wasn’t my original theory, but the men at the job brought it to my attention. He is having an affair with a very young (but of legal age) girl, which is fine except that she doesn’t have to work. She is supposed to be with me in the back prepping cars but I work all alone (and gets paid less). I have brought it to his attention before and then he called a meeting and said to handle it ourselves. He also cut my hours for getting a night job that doesn’t interfere with this one. What are my rights?

Asked on January 8, 2011 under Business Law, South Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Sexual harassment and discrimination are illegal on the workplace. If you are expected to provide sexual favors to a boss, or are treated worse because you do not, that is against the law. (Note: the drinking on the job is bad for many reasons--poor performance, increase liability, etc.--but is not against the law; from your point of view, that's irrelevant.) If, as you seem to, you think that there is sexual harassment going on at work, which has resulted in you being paid less or otherwise being discriminated against, you can file a complaint with the state or federal department of labor; or you can consult with an employment attorney about whether you have a lawsuit and what it might be worth, and, if worth it, could then sue the company. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption