How do I get copies of accident reports that I had while driving a commercial vehicle 2 years ago?

UPDATED: Aug 27, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 27, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get copies of accident reports that I had while driving a commercial vehicle 2 years ago?

I had 2 accidents in different states. I have tried everything I can think of to obtain these copies. Would you know where I should try on the web or do you have a phone number that I should try that my help me this? It is for employment purposes; I am trying to get back to a driving career.

Asked on August 27, 2014 under Accident Law, Washington


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

How you get copies of accident reports totally depends on the police agency that responded.  Every police department and sheriff's department and state police has its own policy.  They have to make them available, but they can do that on the Web, or they can require you to fill out a form and bring it to them, or they can take requests over the telephone and mail them out, they can require a per page reasonable fee to copy them or not charge.  It is up to them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption