How do I get a property out of my name after a bankruptcy has been completed?

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get a property out of my name after a bankruptcy has been completed?

I thought the bankruptcy would cover this and now I have creditors after me for lawncare bills.

Asked on March 11, 2013 under Bankruptcy Law, Florida


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. I am not quite sure to what you are referring, so I will answer generally.  If you hired an attorney for your bankruptcy, then phoning her or him to inquire would be reasonable. If you did not have an attorney, then I would urge you immediately to contact an attorney for legal advice. And, in the event you did have an attorney in your bankruptcy and you have an issue with that attorney, then, too, it makes sense you would seek an outside attorney to provide you with legal advice now.  I urge you not to delay, because you may lose certain rights forever by undue delay.  Do telephone several attorneys in choosing, because you should feel comfortable with the attorney you select. All the best.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption