How do I get a “Motion to set for final hearing” form?

UPDATED: May 31, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 31, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I get a “Motion to set for final hearing” form?

I filed for divorce and now the court says I have to mail them the “Motion to set for final hearing”. I don’t know what that is. I have the waiver of citation. This is an “agreed and uncontested divorce” in TX.

Asked on May 31, 2011 under Family Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Ask the court clerk if there is a court form for motion to set for final hearing.  If there isn't any court form, at the law library look in the index of Pleading and Practice for Motion to set for final hearing.  Sometimes items in the index of Pleading and Practice are not listed the way you would logically think they should be.  If you don't see it in the index of Pleading and Practice, ask the law librarian to help locate it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption