how do i find out who my deceased parents attorney is

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

how do i find out who my deceased parents attorney is

I never had a chance to read any will pertaining my mother passing in march 2016 and father august 2016. they had property plus valuables belonging to eachone of my siblings and I. I totally am sure my parents always treated us all equal. I haven’t been given any information. Unfortunately, I am struggling through a homelessness crisis. I am a single mother of three children. my sister is very devious and is forging my name I believe. I want to know my rights and find out what is going on with everything and plus my possessions that are in my mother and fathers house. please consider giving me the opportunity to do so. I really need the assistance and have no experience in this field at all.

Asked on August 22, 2018 under Estate Planning, California


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss and situation.  So if your Daughter is in the area where your parents resided at the time of her death she needs to go to the Probate Court and get copies of their Will's and the probate proceedings.  That is where you would start to see what happened.  It will lead to the train of what the distribution of the assets were.  You should have gotten a copy of the Wills and notice that they were being submitted in to Probate.  You will have to get some legal help at some point in time.  What and when depends on what you find.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption