How do I find outa hospital’s/doctor’s malpractice insurer?

UPDATED: Dec 25, 2010

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 25, 2010Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I find outa hospital’s/doctor’s malpractice insurer?

I recently lost a testicle after having a vasectomy. During the vasectomy the urologist did something that made the left testicle resend upward that caused lots of pain. I then went to a different WI hospital an ultrasound was done (showed both where healthy). They then sent me back to first hospital. A 2nd surgery was done to pex (glue and stitch) down the testicle. After this the pain lowered a little but spread and there is a numb one inch section on the left side of the **** itself. I then went to different hospital and was told that the left testicle had no blood flow and was dying, so it was removed. Should I speak with a malpractice attorney? In Racine , WI.

Asked on December 25, 2010 under Malpractice Law, Wisconsin


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for the entire situation as it happened.  Yes, you should seek help from a medical malpractice attorney as soon as you can.  Medical malpractice generally has a shorter time frame in which to bring a suit (statute of limitations) and in some states the attorney needs to submit an affirmation from a doctor who has reviewed your record and states that you have a valid claim.  But the consultation and the review by the firm should be free of charge to you.  They will be asking you to sign a retainer in case and authorizations for your medical records to review.  In the meantime take good care of your self.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption