How doI create a partnership agreement and make it legal binding without a lawyer?

UPDATED: Aug 28, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How doI create a partnership agreement and make it legal binding without a lawyer?

Asked on August 28, 2011 Ohio


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

There are many forms online that a person wishing to create a partnership agreement can obtain as templates which would be legal and binding upon all that sign the completed document. Perhaps that is the route that you might wish to go.

Another option is to go down to your local county law library ans ask the law librarian to assist you in reviewing forms for the creation of a partnership agreement. You most likely will be allowed to make photocopies of documents reviewed which you can take home and use as the start of the desired partnership agreement.

The key thing to be aware of is to make sure that all parties signing the agreed upon final version of the document is to have all initial each page and date/sign the last page preferably before a notary public.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption