How do I clear my name with probation?

UPDATED: May 25, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 25, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I clear my name with probation?

I was charged with disturbution marijiuana first time offense. Then placed on probation I reported every 3 months but then was told being that I never got into trouble again I only had to pay court fees to get off. I couldnt offord to pay so quit going. I made a mistake and I want this matter cleared up.

Asked on May 25, 2009 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You need to call the probation officer and let him know that you have missed classes on account of your inability to pay.  Let him know that this is not like you, but you just did not have any money and you needd what you had for necessities.  You need to get back into the program of you could be facing much more serious charges.  If you do not want to call the probation officer, you can call the person in charge of the classes and explain the issue to him.  The reason i would call probation is that they may know that you missed the classes and you want to be open and honest so that you can clear it up. this is your first offense ever, so they should be somewhat forgiving.  Call your lawyer if you have any issues or hire one. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption