How can my fiance and I get a no contact order removed from his parole stipulations?

UPDATED: Feb 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can my fiance and I get a no contact order removed from his parole stipulations?

My fiance is currently incarcerated but is about to be releases in a few weeks.he is there on a parole violation. He just received his paperwork and it states that he is to have no contact with me. He and I have never had any domestic violence issues or anything. My mother however hates my fiance and is also good friends with the parole supervisor in our area. She is the one who asked for this no contact order not me. How can that be done? My fiance and I would like to have this order dropped ASAP.

Asked on February 21, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If there presently in effect a "no contact order" with respect to your fiance' and you, the only way for the order to be removed is by way of a court order. In order to do such, most likely you would have to retain an attorney (preferably a criminal defense attorney) to file a motion with the court to have the "no contact order" removed.

You need to be aware that not all motions to eliminate such an order are granted by the court. Notice needs to be given to your fiance', the parole board and the district attorney's office.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption