How can I stop being under surveillance?

UPDATED: Mar 9, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 9, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I stop being under surveillance?

I’ve been followed by undercover cops (at least 4) for the last 3 months. I don’t have a criminal record, am not committing a crime and don’t associate with anyone who is. They’re following me when I’m in the car and on foot; they park outside my home. There’s no legitimate reason for this to be happening. Is there anything I can do to make it stop?

Asked on March 9, 2013 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

So are you being harassed by the police?  Is that the case?  Generally speaking the police do not assign undercover cops to watch some one with out reason.  It would be an abuse of power and city/state funds.  So I would speak with an attorney in your area ASAP about it all and ask for help.  Good luck. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption