How can I serve notice with no knowledge of my husband’s whereabouts?

UPDATED: May 23, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I serve notice with no knowledge of my husband’s whereabouts?

I have absolutely no idea where my husband is and his cell phone as been disconnected. I have had no luck is obtaining his whereabouts from his relatives. How can I give him notice?

Asked on May 23, 2012 under Family Law, Michigan


Kevin Bessant / Law Office of Kevin Bessant & Associates

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In these cases it may be of service to you to hire or consult a legitimate process server. A process server will typically hunt the person down based upon the information they receive concerning his whereabouts.While this may not be an exhaustive search, it can help because they will serve him personally.

Process Servers will usually charge a flat fee and mileage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption