How can I require my ex-husband to re-finance and pay off the camper in my name?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I require my ex-husband to re-finance and pay off the camper in my name?

When my husband left me and filed for divorce, his lawyer drew up a paper and had it signed by the judge to give my ex-husband the camper that I had financed, his truck and his boat. My camper was less than 1 year old. I have really struggled with the divorce and came to the conclusion I need to cut all ties with him in order to hopefully heal. Do you think a letter from an attorney would suffice?

Asked on September 29, 2018 under Family Law, Louisiana


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

So what do you mean a "paper" to have the judge sign?  Did you execute a Stipilation of Settlement that distributed your assets?  If that is the case then that document is a contract betwen you and you can sue him to live up to the agreement.  I think that you need to take that agreement to an attorney to review and see what your options are.  It can be on a flat fee basis.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption