How can I reduce a misdemeanor petty theft to an infraction?

UPDATED: Jul 26, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 26, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I reduce a misdemeanor petty theft to an infraction?

This is my first time getting caught but I also admitted that it was not the first time i did it.

Asked on July 26, 2013 under Criminal Law, California


Robert Johnston / Law Office of Robert J. Johnston Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to figure out a different way of asking your question. I would suggest elaborating on exactly what your situation is. You don't have to write a book, but you need to provide more information. I don't think any lawyer is going to understand what you are asking. You want to know how to reduce a misdemeanor to an infraction. You are using the term "infraction"  too broadly. An "infraction" in legal terms, is a word that stands for a violation, or breaking the law, or a charge (criminal or traffic.....either one. Or not following an ordinance, etc.). An "infraction" simply means breaking the law. I hope that helps.

Robert J. Johnston


[email protected]


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption