How can I get my wife out of City jail?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I get my wife out of City jail?

She was arrested for old traffic ticket
warrants. when I called to pay her fines
to get her out the clerk said she was
sentenced to 3months and they wouldn’t
accept payment.. that makes no sense
they wouldn’t take money and prefer her
to sit in Jail. What can I do?

Asked on December 16, 2018 under Criminal Law, Arkansas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

There is probably nothing you can do at this point. She is not in jail for not paying the tickets--she is in jail for ignoring the courts and not either paying the tickets on time or, if she wanted to oppose them (or try to negotiate a better play) appearing for court. She is being punished for not responding when she should have. Had she paid on time or appeared in court, she'd not be in jail; but when you ignore the court, the court punishes you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption