How can I evict someone who is co-owner?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I evict someone who is co-owner?

I own an RV and my daughter’s father is the co-signor. Recently he has been

getting into situations and I no longer want him around. The cops said that I have to evict him if I want him to leave the RV. Can I do that even if he is the co-signor?

Asked on February 27, 2017 under Real Estate Law, South Carolina


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If hi sname is on the title to the RV, then you can'y just evict him. He has just as much right to live there as you . That is unless he has put you in fear for your safety, in which case you can apply for a protective order to keep him off the premises. Otherwise, you will have to either buy out his share of the RV e RV or sell it and divide the proceeds. If, he is not on title to the and just signed for the loan, then you can evict him however you must follow all legal steps for doing so.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption