How can I deal with my car insurance if they dont want to pay my car?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I deal with my car insurance if they dont want to pay my car?

A tree fell on my car, I immediately call my insurance I do have a full cover insurance, the car is very wrecked and they don’t want to pay for all of it, they are just replacing the windshield and that is going to be 2194.10 I know that sounds crazy but that is the statement that I received. Can you please help me?

Asked on August 28, 2017 under Accident Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Your recourse would be to sue the insurer for "breach of contract": if you can show that under the terms of the coverage you bought (an insurance policy is a contract) as well as the facts (i.e. the extent of damage, the recommendation(s) of body shops, etc.) they should be paying for more extenstive repairs, you can get a court judgment or order requiring them to do so. You have to show that they are violating their policy/contractual obligationsby not paying more.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption