Housing property

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Housing property

Just wondering if I have a case. My grandma signed papers without a lawyer to
give her brother ownership if their fathers house. My grandma was very confused
and didn’t know what she was signing or even if it’s legal without her having a
lawyer. Do we have any case to get my grandma money for her fathers house that
she rightfully has?

Asked on April 9, 2017 under Real Estate Law, Illinois


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Please go and speak with a lawyer in your area on this amtter as soon as possible.  If the lawyer was there representing only the interests of her brother and she was not represented she could have a good case.  If she was not mentally capable of signing the contract (you claim she is confused) then again, she could have a good case. Setting aside a contract is a difficult thing but not impossible.  The key is acting fast.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption