Hospital violation of government EMATAL laws

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Hospital violation of government EMATAL laws

A little over a year ago, I was scheduled for minor surgery at a state pubic hospital. On day of the surgery, I refused surgery. The doctor who was to do the surgery, shortly contacted my primary care doctor to have my primary care doctor drop me which she did. I later got a letter stating that I was dropped by the hospital for any kind of services including emergency. I had a few months in which I could use emergency services but after that I could not use any kind of services at the hospital. I know realize that it is against government rules and regulations.

Asked on August 4, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Connecticut


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You can file a complaint with the state licensing board which overseas hospitals; they may choose to investitage and, if they agree that something wrong was done, to fine or otherwise sanction the hospital. You cannot sue unless you suffered a physical injury or economic loss--a significant one, in fact, to justify the cost of a malpractice suit, which can be considerable--since lawsuits are designed not to punish wrongdoing, but to compensate people for injuries and losses; with no injuries or losses, there is no compensation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption