Home Owner’s asssociation

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Home Owner’s asssociation

The Home owners Association manager was sending the bill to the property for the past 2 yrs and the tenant at the property did not give the mail to me the owner. The issue has been handed over to their lawyers. Since I never receive a bill do I have to pay the legal fees and late fees

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Maryland


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not sure why the homeowners' association didn't have your correct mailing address.  You never received a bill because you never gave them an address to send it to other than your tenant's address.  That was your responsibility.  That said, the association will be happy to have its money, so if you offer to pay it in full, there is a chance they will forgive the legal and late.  It is definitely negotiable. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption