What to do if I got a speeding ticket for going 76 on a 55 but have only had my license for 2 months?

UPDATED: Oct 7, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 7, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I got a speeding ticket for going 76 on a 55 but have only had my license for 2 months?

I have a pre-trial soon, can you help me in not getting 6 points on my licenseand not getting my license suspended for 60 days because I am on probation?

Asked on October 7, 2013 under Accident Law, New York


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Talk to the prosecutor before your pre-trial and see if you can plead it down from excessive speeding to regular speeding.  If you can't, get a trial date and then hire a good criminal defense attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption