Here is my Case:I have stayed in US on L1B VISA from April 2011 to October 2013.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Here is my Case:I have stayed in US on L1B VISA from April 2011 to October 2013.

I came back to US again on Aug 2014 on a L2 VISA.I am working on EAD since Dec 2014. Now that my H1B is approved , How many more days can I stay in US in this scenario ?

Asked on September 21, 2015 under Immigration Law, Colorado


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If your H-1B has been approved as a change of status, you can start working on the H-1B as of the effective date.  If you had been outside the US for 10 months, those months can be recaptured later when you are trying to maximize your time in H-1B/L status.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption