If we run a IT service company, how we could protect ourselves from new employees?

UPDATED: Mar 23, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 23, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If we run a IT service company, how we could protect ourselves from new employees?

As our company relies heavily on a company partnership who provides us leads, it has become our company secret. Are there legal agreements which would protect our company from an employee stealing leads or attempting to create a partnership with our lead source?

Asked on March 23, 2015 under Employment Labor Law, California


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Certainly, companies with lots of valuable trade secrets often times make their employees sign confidentiality and non-compete agreements as a condition of employment.  Get with a business attorney who can meet with you about your needs and help you draft documents that will protect you.  It is silly to be pennywise and pound foolish.  Spending a few hundred dollar on a lawyer to draft the documents could save you tens of thousands or more on litigation in the future.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption